|44 more candles today...|
|You has fud? Copper, probably.|
- as my ankle allows, work 3-4 times/week - lunging, ground work, poles, maybe working towards being backed - I've just started working with him the past 2 weeks
continue to get weight on him and develop some topline- Success! Lots and lots of hay is starting to work! find basic feed program that works without all kinds of supplements- Success! Hay, one type of grain and some oil seems to be doing the trick right now. ponder plans for 2020 for showing, etc.- Success? Plans have been pondered, nothing decided. take baseline height/weight for kicks- Success - long story short, Fred is huge and likely still growing
Copper: kept his weight down and keep him healthy - No bueno. He is a mega chonker. Need to remedy this.
Try and maintain fences, lawns and gardens as best as possible with gimpy ankle. I'm taking some pressure off myself on this one. I'm just going to do the best I can as I feel able.I'll give myself a moderate pass on this one - having a major drought for most of the summer prevented stuff from growing! do not purchase any new horse products - like mane conditioner, halters, brushes, combs, or even tack (unless urgently needed - like flyspray or medical items)- This is a pass if you don't count horse blankets and technically I won't have them in my grubby paws until Q4.
- try and use up current supply of "stuff" - this one is a bit vague and hard to measure. LOL
- sort winter/summer stuff in bins so I can actually find things when needed - Fail - I need to bump this to Q4
clean and sell tack I'm not using- Success - I sold 3 saddles and bunch of other stuff. More needs to go though. bank appt (this is low hanging fruit - it will give me something to check off!)- Done Start saving for a vet fund set aside $50/pay to start- Done dr's appt's (3 in July! yuck) to get back on track- Done - low hanging fruit. Got the go-ahead to start walking/doing more with my ankle.
- find some sort of exercise that is easy on the ankle - FAIL. Ugh. Maybe Q4 will not be a wash here.
work on ideas to help anxiety (kinda vague, I know!)- Moderate success here
- plan meals and try to limit eating out - Meh. More to be done here for sure.
- listen to the radio in French - Fail - need to reassess this one
read work-related news articles in French (fun topics like organized crime, terrorism, etc. lol)- Success - we've had some big stories in the news lately, so lots of coverage to read in French.