I've already had to pivot on my goals a bit and I added a couple of thing to the list. Who knows what else will happen this year? I'm not going to give up on my horse showing goals jussst yet. We'll wait a bit and see where we end up.
|So cute. Might not show this year. If ever...? lol|
I can't believe my 2020 horse goals didn't have the foal on there? Sheesh. That is one thing that (fingers crossed) is going well!And I have new horses goals to add for Q2 and onward.
- read 45 books - I'm at 12 so far
- back up and organize photos (my computer is dying, so this is urgent!) - meh - this is ongoing. Does anyone have any tips on fun ideas with digital photos? I don't want stacks of prints lying around!
- volunteer somewhere horse-y - on hold due to coronavirus
- save $$ for foal hopefully coming in 2021 - this is going well, since I'm at home and not spending any money!
- exercise program of some sort - started walking 3-4 times / week
- stick to a budget - this is one silver lining of the pandemic/SIP - spending is almost down to zero!
Q1 - Horses:
- start working Fred in hand, where possible - I was able to start this in March
- Copper - stay healthy - CHECK!
- get Lucy in foal - CHECK!! We had the 45 day ultrasound a couple of weeks ago and all looks good!
- New! find a second mare for my friend to breed and potentially ride
- New! find a bridle that fits Fred properly
- New! get Fred more comfortable in a bit, if not try a hackamore
- read/listen to some horse training material - podcasts, youtube, books etc - hard to quantify, but I read a bunch of interesting horse books back in January
- clean and oil tack - um, no progress in Q1 - I have high hopes for Q2
- continue to declutter and sell unused tack - um, no progress in Q1 - I have high hopes for Q2 and the rest of the year
|work on selfies should maybe be a goal? lolz|
I don't have much going on right now, but I do have my horses at home, so having some extra time at the barn has been a real important thing for me. I have lots I can do out there and this type of stuff is what I normally try and get done over the course of the year, as I have time. Now though, having a bit more time in one chunk had me starting an updated to do/goals list for the barn for Q2:
- clean and organize my hay storage area
ix and bury fence ground wires- DONE!
- check pasture fence and come up with a plan to have fence fixed by mid-May
- source some 2nd cut hay
- clean and organize tack
- try and figure out a bridle/hackamore option that fits Fred
- repaint jump poles (note: not sure I can get any paint, so this might have to wait)
- clean and put away winter blankets
- put away the trough heater and extension cord
- clean the tack room
- daydream about tack room renos/updates
- clean cobwebs/windows/shelves
|Random Archie photo, cause why not?|
What about you guys? Are you still hoping for some 2020 goals to work out? Have you made some changes?