I have been going through the hundreds of pictures I've taken this winter as I'm trying to get my blog caught up. So far I am noticing a theme to my pictures/videos:
- pictures of Rip
- pictures/videos of the cats
- pictures/videos of the cats sleeping with the dog
- random attempts at artsy snow pics
In other news, in 2 weeks, my friend is moving back "home" to the farm where she grew up. It is really exciting for her to be going back there. Her gelding will leave here mid-May once she has her stalls and paddocks set up. I think Ivy will also be going to live there (reminder: this friend and I co-own Ivy) and Rip's Mom Lucy will also go once the little man is weaned (late May?).
|It's tiring being little!|
My friend's sister also just bought a horse and that mare will be at my place until sometime in May when she will go to the "farm". :-). I'll be helping ride this horse a bit as well, as my friend's sister is a bit rusty and nervous. I'm really hoping I can trailer Fred over there this summer and the two of us can go for a hack or something.
So, all of this leads me to my 2021 goals. Thanks to anyone that has read this far down. lol
I'm keeping things simple this year, until we see if there will be any shows.
- Ride Fred and try and keep him sound
- Keep Copper sound and happy
- Breed Ivy (first attempt was done mid-April - fingers crossed it worked!)
- Learn about training a foal (yikes! lol)
- Help my friend find another broodmare (I think this is done already - more to follow)
- Help my friend's sister with her new mare
- Have fun