Edited 04/13 - well, 2020 has already had me pivoting and being flexible while still trying to accomplish a few things!
Edited 07/12 - more updates for Q2
- earn Fred's ROM (AQHA register of merit - each time a horse hits 10 points in a discipline/level, you get a certificate) in halter - we need 1.5 points in open and I think 3.5 points in amateur - shelved until 2021 due to covid-19
- show at a different venue/different club (I've shown at the same 2 places for 98% of past shows) - shelved until 2021 due to covid-19
- ride again - might still pull this off
- attend a clinic of some sort - shelved until 2021 due to covid-19
find a mare for my friend to ride and maybe breed (added Q1)- COMPLETED! W00t!
- work as weather permits
- continue under saddle work - leaving this on in case I'm inspired to try him under saddle again
- work on showmanship and in hand trail - maybe show at a schooling show? shelved until 2021 due to covid-19
find a bridle that fits his big head -COMPLETED for now with the world's ugliest bridle, found in a heap of old tack at the volunteer place
- get him more used to the bit and/or try a hackamore
- stay healthy! - Q1 - check! Q2 - check!
Lucy (my friend's mare)
get her confirmed in foal- Check! 45 day u/s done on 04/01 and all good! Q2 - all good!
- read 45 books - Q1 was great, Q2 not so much. There is still time to save this goal!
back up and organize photos (my computer is dying, so this is urgent!)COMPLETED! volunteer somewhere horse-y- COMPLETED-ish early this year. The therapeutic riding centre is still closed to outsiders due to covid-19 so nothing further for this year.
- save $$ for foal hopefully coming in 2021- this is going well, thanks to covid-19
- exercise program of some sort - ahhahaha!
- stick to a budget - doing ok here in Q2, thanks to covid-19
- read/listen to some horse training material - podcasts, youtube, books etc - Q1 - I read lots, Q2, not so much
- continue to declutter and sell unused tack - ongoing - more work to be done here!
- attend QH Congress (as a spectator) in October (I've missed the past 2 years!) - sadly, I think this will have to be scratched.
- use up products that are already in the house/barn (added Q2) - Ongoing - I'm on a mission here to use up as much stuff and not buy anything new unless urgent - like fly spray or something.
- complete some minor house renos/décor updates - nothing in Q2
- stay on top of yard/flowerbeds/fenceline - fencline yes, flowerbeds, uh hells no. LOL
- keep barn tidy
clean and organize my hay storage area- DONE Q2
ix and bury fence ground wires- DONE! Q1 check pasture fence and come up with a plan to have fence fixed by mid-MayDONE Q2
ource some 2nd cut hay- DONE Q2
- clean and organize tack - ongoing, with more motivation now that there is a riding horse here!
- repaint jump poles
organize electric fence supplies/spare parts- added and DONE Q2 clean and put away winter blanketsDONE Q2 put away the trough heater and extension cordDONE Q2 clean the tack roomDONE Q2 daydream about tack room renos/updatesDONE - LOL clean cobwebs/windows/shelvesDONE Q2
- look into and start a plan/budget for some barn renos - eavestrough, upgrade lighting/wiring and maybe refinish the tack room - Q2 - made a spreadsheet with materials list, pricing