Edited 04/13 - well, 2020 has already had me pivoting and being flexible while still trying to accomplish a few things!
- earn Fred's ROM (AQHA register of merit - each time a horse hits 10 points in a discipline/level, you get a certificate) in halter - we need 1.5 points in open and I think 3.5 points in amateur
- show at a different venue/different club (I've shown at the same 2 places for 98% of past shows)
- ride again - not sure what form this will take - riding a friend's horse, Fred, lessons, etc.
- attend a clinic of some sort
- find a mare for my friend to ride and maybe breed (added Q1)
- work as weather permits in winter, then 3-5 times during the spring to get ready for shows
- continue under saddle work
- work on showmanship and in hand trail - maybe show at a schooling show?
- find a bridle that fits his big head
- get him more used to the bit and/or try a hackamore
- stay healthy! - Q1 - check!
Lucy (my friend's mare)
get her confirmed in foal- Check! 45 day u/s done on 04/01 and all good!
- read 45 books
- back up and organize photos (my computer is dying, so this is urgent!)
- volunteer somewhere horse-y
- save $$ for foal hopefully coming in 2021
- exercise program of some sort
- stick to a budget
- read/listen to some horse training material - podcasts, youtube, books etc
- continue to declutter and sell unused tack.
- attend QH Congress (as a spectator) in October (I've missed the past 2 years!)
- use up products that are already in the house/barn (added Q2)
- complete some minor house renos/décor updates
- stay on top of yard/flowerbeds/fenceline
- keep barn tidy
- clean and organize my hay storage area
ix and bury fence ground wires- DONE!
- check pasture fence and come up with a plan to have fence fixed by mid-May
- source some 2nd cut hay
- clean and organize tack
- try and figure out a bridle/hackamore option that fits Fred
- repaint jump poles (note: not sure I can get any paint, so this might have to wait)
- clean and put away winter blankets
- put away the trough heater and extension cord
- clean the tack room
- daydream about tack room renos/updates
- clean cobwebs/windows/shelves
- look into and start a plan/budget for some barn renos - eavestrough, upgrade lighting/wiring and maybe refinish the tack room